Every year in April, Ennis hosts their annual Bluebonnet Festival. They call themselves the Bluebonnet Capital of North Texas. I find it quite comical that everyone's claim to fame around here has to qualify it with of North Texas because Texas is so large! Anyway, Henderson and I went downtown to the festival where they had some vendors. There was also a petting zoo. Now, if you know me, you know I like petting zoos. The picture above is of a mini donkey and the picture below is a pot bellied pig. I was enjoying watching the sweet animals, but it wasn't close enough for my taste. So, I decided to pay the $5 to go in and pet the animals. I figured this was normal - a 26 year old petting the sweet baby animals. But I was wrong. I tried to hand the attendant my money and he informed me that adults were free. When I said that I did not have a child accompanying me, he stated, "I don't know about that." So, he had never had an adult go in there by themselves?! I was flabbergasted!!
Luckily, one of the attendants inside followed me around and let me know all of the animals names, ages, and breeds. It wasn't my fault he was ignoring the children!
After the festivities, we grabbed a map from the Ennis Garden Club and went through the Bluebonnet Trail.
We saw some sweet horses and ponies.
Then we found these sweet donkeys on the side of the road.
At the end of the trail is Sugar Ridge Winery. We actually went to this winery last year when we were here looking for a rental house. The wine is pretty good and at a great price!
This was my first Saturday after busy season, so it was so enjoyable to have the weekend to do as we pleased!





No comments:
Post a Comment