I had been wanting to try a few new recipes and this weekend, since Henderson was on call, seemed like the perfect chance! Friday night I made this delicious Baked Shrimp Fettucini (it reminds me of making chicken spaghetti, with a few different ingredients). I got the recipe from Eupora's 20th Century Club Cookbook. My favorite cookbooks are fundraisers - you know the type. Where the entire town gets together and gives away all of their best recipes.
Finished product!
This is the picture I sent Henderson since he was on a call. Poor guy!
Baked Shrimp Fettucini
1 1/2 stick butter
1 large onion, chopped
1 large bell pepper, chopped
1-2 jalapeño peppers, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. flour
2 lbs. peeled medium shrimp
1/2 lb. Velveeta cheese, cubed
1 pint half and half
2 tsp. lemon pepper
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 (12 oz.) package fettucini
1/2 package fresh mushrooms, sliced
Saute onion, bell pepper, jalapeño peppers, mushrooms, and garlic in butter for 15 minutes. Add flour, stir, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Add shrimp, stir well. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring often. Add cheese, Half & Half, lemon pepper, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes. Cook fettuccine noodles according to package directions. Drain noodles and mix with sauce. Pour into buttered casserole dish. Cover and bake at 350 until bubbly.
Y'all this stuff was delicious! Make it. Soon.
I also whipped up some red velvet cupcakes with Martha Stewart's cream cheese frosting as a quick surprise for HK while he was on a call. I've made cakes from scratch before, but I've decided it's much easier and just as tasty to make the cake from a box and make the frosting from scratch! That little contraption is perhaps the best thing since sliced bread. I just put the pancake or cupcake batter in the contraption and squeeze it evenly with no messes! It was only $15 at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Great investment!
Dixon enjoying a Saturday afternoon nap.
Henderson decided to bring a TV out of storage so we could watch two games at one time. It got pretty confusing at times, but I did feel like we were in a sports bar. :)
All in all, another great weekend. Exciting things are happening around the King house. Can't wait to share them with you!






No comments:
Post a Comment