Things are starting to get real around here. Obviously, I've been in lots of denial since I have refused to put anything about "the diagnosis" on social media, especially since we all know how much I love Facebook. In case you missed the memo, I was diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer on June 9. But it's time to get over that and face this head on. We've had lots of time to process how our lives are changing so drastically and so swiftly. I've even adopted an anthem on doctor days: "This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it." Because at the end of the day, I have lots of things to be thankful for. You know, things like my fantastic sense of humor. And the fact that my husband now cooks me fried chicken whenever I want.
My port is being placed tomorrow and chemo starts next Friday. Nervous is the understatement of the year. But because I'm determined to laugh more than I cry during the year I have the port, I've decided to name it! Here's where I need your help. I've come up with two SUPER (sarcasm font) original names for my new port: Cathy or Portia. Which one should I choose?! Do you have an awesome write-in vote?
Bailey, I had no idea you were going through this. Sounds like you have a fantastic attitude. Much love and prayers to you and Henderson. You got this girl! Redheads are crazy fierce!
ReplyDeleteI like Portia, sounds exotic and sassy. Praying that God heals you and maintains your strength. With God, no obstacle is too great to overcome! #myGodisgreater
ReplyDeleteI vote Cathy. Excellent pun. I approve.
ReplyDelete