Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Halfway!

September 6 was my third treatment and it marked my halfway point!  My mass has shrunk by another 1/2 cm!!  So exciting!  I can officially say I'm halfway done since I am on Day 10 and feeling great!  This treatment was a lot easier than the second one and I was able to go to work every day last week.  

with all of our stuff we carry to chemo



Me and Mama with a quilt that Mrs. Hannah (Katie's mom) made me





We came home to this beautiful bouquet sent from Ellen to celebrate the halfway point!!

As usual, Mama took care of us during the weekend by making sure the house was clean and cooking for us.  Daddy came on Sunday and cooked all week.  He even grilled lamb chops one night for Henderson.  Taking care of Henderson is the best way to take care of me.  Since he's my primary caregiver and the one that listens to all of my emotional outbursts, I love when he gets taken care of.  

I was so excited because last week I didn't have to go see my doctor's nurse practitioner!  I've had to see her every time and get fluids; so thankful I didn't have to this time!

Daddy left on Thursday and my plan was to work from home on Friday, but I was feeling so good I decided to go in.  I even wore makeup, jewelry, and my contacts!  The trifecta!  (On the week of chemo, I usually choose one of the three, ha!)

Friday night we went to hibachi with our neighbor/friend, Erin, and even though my taste buds weren't fully recovered, I was able to get full on rice and chicken!  It was nice to be able to go out to eat just seven days after a chemo treatment.  Saturday, I mainly rested, but I did go to Target and Belk and bought four new outfits.  It's amazing what a new outfit will do for your attitude!!  Sunday was church, lunch with friends, and bunko.  It ended with the Miss America pageant where we all saw how badly Miss Mississippi was robbed of the crown.  There's always next year!

So glad to be feeling well this week and so thankful for each one of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment