The last two weeks have been full of tv, lots of meds, and yoga pants. I am so thankful for my family through all of this. They've taken off a lot of work and spent a good bit of time and money to take care of us. I don't know how I could've gotten through the last several months but especially the last two weeks without Henderson. The things he's had to do for me the last few weeks are things no newlywed should have to do. I know this is cliche, but I wake up every morning thanking God for Henderson. Our marriage has always been my favorite thing but recently we've both realized how it has been strengthened through this.
Oh, and a very superficial Thankful item: If you've been within earshot of me at any point over the last 6 weeks you know that I gained something like 20 pounds in 2 weeks after my last chemo. I was so petrified that the weight gain was due to the fact that I didn't have any estrogen in my body and all my hard work over the last year (when I lost 30 pounds) was for nothing! I just envisioned that I was going to be chubby forever. BUT, Praise the Lord, the weight was really fluid (a side effect of chemo) built up in my body. I've already lost 12.5 pounds and that was eating lots of fried items and drinking lots of Dr. Pepper! I know its such a strange thing to be thankful for but I am!
Over the next two days, we're going to be talking about the pathology report with my doctors and making decisions about what's next (beyond radiation). I ask you to please pray that we get the best news possible and that our doctors help us make medical decisions that are the best for me, short-term and long-term. I'm already very nervous about what the future holds and I know I shouldn't be.
I keep humming these lyrics, "The Lord has promised good to me. His word my hope endures."
Please pray that my nerves would be put at ease.
The following is a recap of the last two weeks mainly for me to be able to remember this time.
Saturday after we got home from the hospital, Henderson and his parents decorated the house for Christmas! They did a great job decorating the tree that we had picked out in Arkansas. I stayed on the couch and directed. :)
I have a picture of Henderson putting the angel on the tree every year.

While I was directing, I got this beautiful fruit and snack basket from Sammons. My co-workers are the sweetest!

This tree is so special to me. It was my great-grandmother's and then Mimi's. It's over 50 years old and it rotates and plays music!! Susan decorated it beautifully!

Tuesday after surgery Susan took me to get my hair washed. It was amazing! My hairdresser washed, dried and straightened my hair. I cannot tell you how nice it was! This was also my first day without pain meds. They took my morphine pump away (my favorite thing ever) less than 24 hours after surgery. I had to have ambien, pain killers, and muscle relaxers the first several days home. So Tuesday I started feeling a little more normal. My left arm is still in a good bit of pain.

Wednesday (one week after surgery), Henderson's grandparents came to spend a few days. Dixon loved them!!!


On Thursday, we went to Corsicana to meet Henderson for lunch and get a tour of the clinic.



I had to go get a shot on Friday at the cancer center and they had the prettiest angels.

Mama and Susan put lights on the tree and Susan and Henderson decorated. I had to get a pic with Kate and the tree!


Mama came this past Sunday to take over. I was feeling a lot better. Mama made some Christmas candy and we went to a few small boutiques here in town to finish Christmas shopping. I got the last of my drains out yesterday and they filled the expanders so I'm in a lot of pain again.
Thank you for all of your messages and prayers over the last few weeks. I have felt everyone of them. Please keep them coming.

No comments:
Post a Comment