Wednesday, December 3 was the big day! We didn't have to be at the hospital until 12:30 so
the family came over to keep us company that morning. I woke up at 5 to get some breakfast; I didn't want to be hungry all day!
We got to the hospital, checked-in and headed to pre-op where, of course, I had to take a selfie with Henderson! The surgery started a little after 3 and ended around 8. I didn't get back to my room until 10 though and the family left soon after. My mom stayed the first night with me so Henderson could work on Thursday,
I wanted a picture with some of the goodies people have sent me. The prayer shawl from FBC Eupora, the doll from Katie, and the quilt from Mrs. Hannah. All of these were tangible reminders of people praying for me during and after my surgery.
I had the VIP suite in the Rogers Hospital. It was HUGE!! It had two bathrooms (one for me and one for my guests) and two entrances (one for visitors and one for medical staff). It was so nice to have such a big room!!
Allie came and visited on Thursday and brought some goodies for me. The tank tops have been great for my drains! I met Allie at the breast cancer luncheon and she has been so helpful. She listens to my venting and gives me great advice!
Emily Duhs came over on Thursday afternoon and visited too! It was so great to have a couple of hours just to chat since we haven't had a chance to visit in a while!
Jeanette and Eric came by Thursday night. They even did laps with me around the nurses station!!
My amazing view of Dallas from the room.
Friday morning we were discharged. First stop: Sonic for some Dr. Pepper!!
I'm recovering pretty well; every day is better and better!











No comments:
Post a Comment