Sunday, February 8, 2015

Short Hair Don't Care and Fort Worth Saturday

I got a haircut yesterday and it is taking some getting used to.  Even though I didn't lose all of my hair during chemo, it was getting super thin.  I only had a few long strands and it looked so bad to wear it down.  Also, my bald spots have started to grow in so I had some super short (darker) hair and less than 20 long strings of hair.  I told Debbie (my hairdresser) that I trusted her and I let her go!  Cutting it off makes it look so much thicker!!  And as I've told my friends, it looks like a normal haircut now and not like I'm losing my hair.  


At first I was really upset.  I felt like my family and I had worked so hard to keep my hair and now it was gone.  But I put on some makeup and instantly felt a lot better.  As my mama says, "It's just hair."  And I've had a long time to get used to short hair; it's not like I lost my hair overnight - this has been over 7 months in the making.  

Before chemo, at least two strangers a week would compliment me on my red hair.  I've really missed those random compliments.  The coolest thing was Saturday when Henderson and I were in a shop in the Stockyards a lady was walking by and said, "I love your beautiful red hair!"  It was just the greatest feeling!  So glad to be that much closer to "normal."

After my haircut and some yard work, Henderson and I headed to Fort Worth for the day.  


Cowtown Rita at Risky's BBQ - one of my fave cocktails!

After lunch, we had to do some photo ops in the stockyards.



We then stopped at The Love Shack for some drinks and to listen to some live music.  This is the coolest little outdoor bar.  Can't wait to go back!


Selfie time!

For dinner, Erin Boss and her husband Chris picked us up and took us to the Tavern.  Such fun catching up with them!!!

After dinner they dropped us off at Billy Bob's.  We bought tickets a few weeks ago for Sara Evans and we were pumped to see her in concert!  


.
She didn't start until 10:30 so we watched the bull riding.  One of Henderson's clients is over the bucking bulls at the bull riding at Billy Bob's so we got to be his guests.  We even got to meet the owner of Billy Bob's!  


Not going to lie - the setup of concerts at Billy Bob's is strange.  But Sara Evans was amazing as always!!!

It was so great to get out of the house for a few hours.  Love Saturdates with the hubs!!


No comments:

Post a Comment