Monday, April 6, 2015

Celebrating!

Wednesday, April 1 was my last radiation treatment!!  Originally, this was supposed to be my last day but because of the weather, my last planned treatment got pushed back to April 8.  I went in Monday to see the doctor and for them to prepare me for my "boost" (your last five treatments which are pinpointed to the area closest to your scar) and they said that it looked like my body was responding so well that I could skip the last five! (Read: my skin is so red and fried that I don't have to continue with treatments!)  I asked Dr. Cheek, "Are you sure?"  Then said, "Well, you're the doctor!"  I am upset that I didn't get a picture with him or his nurses since it was pretty rushed and I wasn't prepared for it to be my last week.

It's funny how radiation has become such a habit; my mind keeps thinking I have to get up early to go!  I am so fortunate that during my treatments I was able to meet someone close to my age who also has a mutation.  Everyone's experience is so different but it's still comforting to be in this with someone who has an inkling of what you're going through.  Such a God-thing that during every step of this journey (chemo, surgery, and now radiation) God has placed another young woman there with me to mentor me/pray for/vent with.

I feel like this is the season of life is all about celebrating and I don't see it ending anytime soon!  I had a happy hour last week for finishing up a project at work, this week my coworkers had a happy hour to celebrate me being done with radiation, and next week is another happy hour!  Which leads me to my new favorite quote:


Work happy hour


Celebrating with Erin and Tim


Henderson and I are going to Austin in a few weekends to celebrate and we're planning our Costa Rica vacation that we had to cancel last year when I got diagnosed!  Seriously feels like celebrate is my middle name these days.  And I'm good with that.  I do have so much to celebrate!!

Life is so good these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment