After a beautiful wedding Saturday (which I'm sure you'll read lots about soon!), Henderson and I headed to downtown Jackson to stay at the Fairview Mansion. I had actually stayed here for a recruiting event once before and loved it! Since our flight didn't leave until 12:30, we were able to get some much needed rest. We were so hungry when we woke up, so we headed to grab some breakfast downstairs. But, our stomachs were still nervous from the day before! This picture is of us right before we left the mansion headed to California!
On the first leg of our trip!
We were pretty pumped about our layover in Chicago. We only had about 40 minutes, so we scarfed down a Chicago-style hotdog quickly! I loved seeing the new bling on HK's left hand! :)
Obligatory ring shot in the airport!
We finally made it to San Francisco! We picked up our rental car and headed to see the Golden Gate Bridge. I have been to San Francisco before for work, but I never got to see the city in the daylight. Lots of people were out running; I have no idea how they were doing it with those hills!
Over the bridge
We rented a convertible (hello, we were in Cali!), so my hair is a product of that. And the 50 degree weather in SF.
Alcatraz
Next stop was Napa. By this point, our bodies were thinking it was about 8 pm and our stomachs were finally over the nervousness from the day before. Using the Wine Spectator App Rob Colvin had told me to download, we found a casual place to eat before we checked in.
This hamburger was probably my favorite meal in Napa. That's how hungry I was! I got the truffle and parmesan fries to go with it.
Our first meal in Napa!
Since we were checking in so late, we were given a code to get in and directions to our room. It was pretty large with a sitting area and a huge bathroom!
They provided a complimentary split of champagne for us to celebrate with!
Next up: our first day in Napa!
No comments:
Post a Comment