Next, we had to make a run to Target. I had left my memory card for my big camera at home, so I needed to buy another. Afterwards, I had to get a picture of my cute chauffuer and our awesome rental car!
A nice man was in his car waiting on his wife and he offered to take a picture of the two of us together! It was so sweet, since I knew it was going to be hard to get pictures of the two of us together on this trip.
We then headed to St. Helena to grab some lunch and head to our tour of Beringer. We got to see these amazing views on our way - pictures do not do it justice!
Olive tree
On our way into St. Helena, we found this cute little roadside diner. It was absolutely delicious! They're known for their gourmet sandwiches and milkshakes.Henderson had the ahi tuna burger, and I had the fish tacos. We split an order of my favorite - sweet potato fries!
Ahh, I'm dreaming about this food right now! The fries were so good, we stopped by the next afternoon and got an order with a couple of milkshakes. :)
Next up, was a tour and tasting at Beringer. Since we drink this wine at home, I thought it would be neat to go and see where exactly it's made. The Beringer winery is the oldest winery in St. Helena; the Beringer brothers came from Germany so they already knew how to make good wine!
Had to take a picture of this since it had Mimi's name on it!
I got lots of ring shots during this trip! This one is of Henderson's other wedding band.
The "Magnum" bottle - it's in the Guinness World Records as the largest bottle of wine ever produced.
We got to taste wine right out of the barrel.
My lips were red the whole week!
in the caves
Next, was a tour of the grapes. We learned that the more stressed the grapes are, the better the wine!
Finally, my favorite part: tasting!
Henderson was trying to show off his photography skills!
I love him.
There were some beautiful stained glass windows in the house!
After the tour, we headed to downtown St. Helena to do a little shopping. We stopped by this chocolate store, several gift shops, and an olive oil company. We stayed in town for about an hour and a half. We loved that little town - so much that we went back the next day!
On our way home, we stopped by Heitz Wine Cellars. This winery had a 99 point wine! We even got to try it because a VIP had come in and wanted a tasting. It was absolutely delicious, but at $200 a pop, we decided to buy a couple of different bottles!
The view from Heitz
Next, we stopped at Peju. This was our favorite winery. We got to taste 7 different wines here, each one better than the last.
After Peju, we headed back to the room to get a little rest. Using recommendations from the innkeepers, we decided to eat at Celadon for dinner. We walked downtown to this place where I had an Hawaiian fish (I don't remember the name) and Henderson had the lamb!
The food in Napa did not disappoint. And with that, our first full day in Napa was over. Keep a lookout for a post on our high flying adventure Tuesday!



No comments:
Post a Comment