Susan and I wore our "Paint the School Pink" shirts that Iuka Elementary gave us! It kept me warm with my cool cap on. :)
I was slightly anemic, which is to be expected at this stage and is the reason I have been so fatigued, and my magnesium was low. I cannot tell you how ready I am to be done. I'm tired and hungry and ready to start living a normal life again.
My fingernails have started changing colors, but Dr. Blum doesn't think I'll lose any which is such an answered prayer! As soon as I'm cleared for surgery I'm getting a mani-pedi!! (I can't have one now because of the germs.) Oh and no flu shot for me until my immune system is back. Luckily that'll be before the worst part of the flu season.
Friday was hard but I had so much to look forward to on Saturday. Henderson joined a Crossfit box right after I got diagnosed and he has absolutely loved it. The people that own it wanted to do something for us and they went above and beyond anything I could have imagined. Saturday was the Fall Festival in Ennis and Crossfit Ellis did a WOD in the middle of the festival. The WOD was Grace so Saturday's event was Grace for Bailey!
Henderson getting ready to workout! Check out Summer in the background. She's 9 years old! She's my idol!! :)
Henderson and Susan
So great to see Emily and Karl!!
Group picture
Aaron and Lacey are some of the best people I know. They didn't even know me when they started planning this; they worked so hard for this great event. I am so thankful for them.
I was able to go downtown for about 45 minutes and see Henderson work out. I was brought to tears by the kind people who donated money and time to put on this event. Two and a half years ago, Henderson and I moved to Ennis with no idea why we were here. Now we know.
No comments:
Post a Comment