Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Saturday after our Christmas dinner with the family, Henderson's dad headed back to Alabama.  We stopped at Mia's (delish Mexican) on the way to the airport so everyone could taste some Tex-Mex.  We also drove by Dealey Plaza so they could see the spot where JFK was killed.

After dropping Lawrence off, we let Henderson have some fun at Cabela's and then we all headed to the Outlet mall!  We got some great deals and had fun shopping (well, maybe not all of us.  I won't say any names, but it was Henderson :).

Sunday was a great day for me because the ladies got up in a taking down the Christmas decorations, cleaning up, and decorating our mantle mood!  It was so nice to have help with this as I was planning to do it all by myself when Henderson went back to work.  Nothing's more depressing than taking down Christmas by yourself!  Ellen and Susan worked on decorating our mantle in a non-holiday way and it turned out great!  So thankful for them!

I made the comment that Henderson and I still didn't have a "We're homeowners" picture in front of our house, so after we all cleaned up, we did a little photo shoot!
Henderson got me a cookbook for biscuits for Christmas, so that night Susan gave us a lesson on making biscuits!  Then she fried some chicken, and let me tell y'all, that stuff was good.  You should've seen my plate.  Neither Henderson nor I are good at frying chicken and even if we tried it would be an ordeal.  Nice to have a professional do all the work!

We loved this house's Christmas decorations!  Their neighbor had actually won an award from the city for their lights, so these people just put up a sign saying, "Ditto"!  Creativity at its finest!

New Year's Eve, Henderson had to work, so Ellen, Susan and I toured Waxahachie looking at all the cute antique shops and the courthouse.  In case you don't know, Waxahachie is another town in our county where we attend church, do our grocery shopping, and hang out on odd Saturdays.  It's the cutest little town and I love taking family members there!

That night, we dressed up and headed to Tuscan Slice for dinner, our fave Italian place in Waxahachie.  


Henderson and I look a little strange in this picture, but it was a delicious meal!


Then we headed back to Ennis to check out the Wooden Nickel, a local bar.  We had a few drinks and decided to ring in the new year at home!






Luckily I had bought some champagne thinking this might happen!  :)

The next morning, we all woke up bright and early to head to the airport.  We were sad to see them go, but had such a fun time while the family visited!  Can't wait for them to come again!






No comments:

Post a Comment