Wow. What. A. Year.
2012 was the year of changes for us. We were showered with family and friends' time and love during our engagement. My grandfather died. Henderson graduated and moved to Texas to start practicing veterinary medicine. We got married!!!! The honeymoon was amazing. I moved to Texas. I started working for my company in Dallas. We bought a house.
Whew. Exhausts me just thinking about all of it! 2012 was so exciting, for all of the reasons listed above. But as strange as this seems, I'm even more excited about 2013. I'm excited about settling into our home and our new town. Meeting new people. Routine. Nothing new.
But of course what would a new year be without me making a few goals. So, without further ado:
1. Positivity. Embracing it. I actually have been working on this a lot lately and feel like I've gotten a pretty good start on this one. No more whining/complaining because, quite frankly, my life is awesome. Enough said.
2. Creating more. Whether its cooking, sewing, or upping my game with my DSLR, I want to be putting stuff put there instead of constantly using up resources.
3. Unplugging. I might be addicted to social media. This addiction is definitely a by product of moving to Texas. I like to keep up with all of my friends and family on the book. But we all know too much of anything is a bad thing.
4. Hydrating. Enough said. And coca-cola doesn't count.
5. Activity. Not just exercising. Doing stuff instead of hanging out on the couch. Again, something I've already made great strides with, I just want to keep the momentum going.
6. Quiet time. And not from the daily devotion emails I get everyday. I really want to dive into God's word and listen to what he has to say.
I think that's enough. Maybe I'll succeed in one of these areas!
No comments:
Post a Comment