Sunday, January 27, 2013

Christmas dinner with the Kings

Henderson's parents and sister came to Texas the Thursday after Christmas since we couldn't go to Alabama for the holiday.  Friday, they and I slept a little late while Henderson headed to work for a half day.  We went to the clinic and showed it to them and then headed to Collin Street Bakery for lunch.  We decided to do our Christmas that night so Henderson would have time to fry the turkey and so we could open all of our Christmas presents!

Henderson's family really blessed us this year with lots of great gifts for our new home, including the fireplace screen and accessories you've seen in our mantle pictures.  I also got an ice cream attachment for my KitchenAid - I'll tell you all about that a little later!



We had a great meal with a beautiful and delicious turkey, some sweet potato casserole and green bean casserole.  It was a fun night to be able to use all of our fancier dishes and be able to entertain in our home.  We loved having them here!  

Here's a few pictures from the fun night!










No comments:

Post a Comment