Saturday, August 17, 2013

Restaurant Week

Like most areas across the country, Dallas has an annual Restaurant Week where upscale restaurants provide a set menu at a reduced price, all to benefit a charity.  Dallas' Restaurant Week is sponsored by HEB's Central Market and benefits the North Texas Food Bank.  Henderson and I decided to take advantage of this week to celebrate my last day at the firm.  Last night we went to Morton's in Uptown.  The funny thing is I've been to the Morton's in Chicago, so I thought they would be exactly the same with dark wood and a little old school.  But I guess they really cater to the area as this one was a little more hip.

We got to order an appetizer, entree, side, and dessert.  They were smaller portions that the regular menu (excluding the filets we had) but they certainly filled us up!  Besides the filet, I had an Ahi tuna tower, horseradish mashed potatoes, and creme brûlée (honestly, my creme brûlée is better!).  The meat melted in our mouths!  It was delicious and a great way to get out of the house!


This was our attempt at a selfie...

Fortunately, our waitress volunteered to take our picture (and my new profile pic!).

The booth beside us was actually a proposal!  So excited to see her reaction!

Can't wait for our next date night!

No comments:

Post a Comment