I sent this picture to Henderson Thursday night saying how lonely I was without him or the dogs. I'm not used to them being gone! Henderson sent me a text Friday saying how much he was learning. Nerd!
I ended up getting on standby for an earlier flight and got to SA about an hour earlier than usual. I took a taxi to the hotel and met up with my handsome hubs. We headed to the Riverwalk and ate at Landry's. Delicious!! After dinner we met up with the vet that Henderson worked for in high school. He, his wife, and another couple met us at the Esquire for drinks. Fun, fun night!
Saturday morning I slept super late, had room service and watched movies on TBS until Henderson came back for their lunch break. We headed out to the Riverwalk for a quick bite and got caught in the rain on the way back. When Henderson headed back to the conference, I took a cab to the mall and did a little shopping. Even though I can do that in Dallas, it was still nice to do a little retail therapy.
Henderson made a reservation for us Saturday night at Texas de Brazil. If you know us, you know how much we like meat and potatoes so this was right up our alley.
Our hotel was undergoing renovations. I hope they don't get rid of this old elevator! This might be our only picture together from the weekend...sad.
The next several pictures are of the Riverwalk with the DSLR. We took a boat tour on the river, but it was too dark to take any good pictures. It was so entertaining and a steal for $8.25 each!
Before leaving Sunday, we headed to grab breakfast. I loved dining right on the river! Of course, we had to head to the Alamo. They were doing a 5k around the Alamo, but we still managed to get through it without much trouble. There are no pictures allowed inside the Alamo so I just have to two below. They took our picture outside and it was such a great picture! But they were $25, so I just bought my traditional Christmas ornament and got out of there.
On our way back north, we had to stop at Cabela's, and, of course, a road trip isn't complete without a trip to Cracker Barrel!
It was such a great weekend. I can't wait to go back when Henderson doesn't have to be in class all day!




No comments:
Post a Comment